Thursday, March 18, 2010

Separated From My Library

I just got the boot from volunteering in the library because they needed the room for vision and hearing screenings. It's not the first time it's happened - with splitting the kg class this year the library is often called into active classroom duty. It's just a bummer when it happens on days when I've got it planned into my schedule. I'm feeling forlorn as I sit here with my VOLUNTEER sticker still stuck to my shirt, and I was all "Call me!" when they said there were only three or four kids that would be screened.

I could use this opportunity to take control of my photos - I've got some on my phone, some on my camera...wait, I think I got them all off my camera...and they need to be uploaded to Shutterfly so I can add them to my family Share Page...but it's gotten to the point where I KNOW it won't be a quick and simple thing and I'll be shackled to the computer so I'm not feeling all that motivated. The weather is SUNNY! I don't want to be stuck at the computer...

Plus, the upstairs computer - the one where I could at least sit and SEE the sun while working - it close to having a full hard drive and I'm supposed to be going through photos to clean-up files and delete anything so we can burn the photos to cd's. Again, shackled while sunny.

Never mind that the school library has NO window and I sit at the computer most of the time I'm there.

I just noticed my posture here at the computer is awful compared to when I'm at the computer in the school library. Armrests will do that to a person, I guess.

Dancing With The Stars starts Monday - I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm only familiar with a couple of the participants. Other shows I've been watching include:

Castle - I'm still watching that one actually, it's not new viewing. I recently read the book Heat Wave, which is the book written by the fictional Richard Castle and it's a quick, fun read that follows certain aspects of the show. Next week's episode looks to be SUPER suspenseful.

Parenthood - it's...fair to good. I like all the actors, I'm just not sure it's going to be around long so maybe I'm trying not to get too invested.

Forgotten - I like this one almost as much as Castle, but it's more difficult to keep up because they don't allow Hulu.com to post episodes. We are a dvr-less household, so if I don't remember to watch the show I'm out of luck.

The Marriage Ref- I've watched the first two on Hulu.com and it's entertaining...but Jerry Seinfeld looks strange when he's laughing sometimes - he arranges his face in an unusual way.

19 Kids and Counting - I'm pulling for baby Josie.

In other news, I can no longer find the Throwback versions of Mt. Dew and Pepsi which makes me sad. They were 'throwbacks' because they were made with sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup, and the taste...the taste was SO MUCH BETTER...it actually HAS a taste when it's made with sugar. But they were "only for a limited time". I'm hoping there was/will be enough demand that they will bring them back for good.

There are only two months of school left - this year has just flown by. I'm feeling pressure to get things lined-up and scheduled for the summer. E2 wants to be in the summer children's musical again, which...goodforherblargh...that's a lot of commitment - not just on her part, but ours as well since she can't be there without parental supervision. Now NEXT summer we'll be able drop her and run...errands or whatever, which will be nice.

Finally, I was getting some weird spam-like comments and so I turned on comment moderation. A pain, but as with many things in life, a few people cause changes for rest of us.

No comments: