Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thanks To Carlos

I'm back! Online from my usual computer, with no delays, no freeze-ups, no weird stuff. We owe it all to Carlos.

Okay, not ALL of it. Rob tried his best, AND when he realized it was beyond his usually-more-than-sufficient computer knowledge he called in a bigger gun.

Life- it's all about knowing when to ask for help, right?

So, we'd like to give a big shout out to Carlos at pcULTRAcare. If you need online support services, Carlos is your man. Plus, he's got a March sale going on now!

Rob reports, "Carlos is the proprietor of the establishment and worked extremely diligently on our problem. He was friendly, cooperative and easy to understand." All things vital when trying to troubleshoot a computer online and over the phone. From customer service to a long, arduous fight with a deeply buried virus, to chatting with Rob after the fact, he was a fine example of how a service provider should treat his customers.

We've had the speakers turned up at this computer so we could hear various dings and such as Carlos was working away and I tell you, last night around midnight when I heard the sound of Windows shutting down for a re-start I nearly ran down here to see if I could check my email.

I didn't though - Carlos fixed my computer, not my love of abundant sleep.

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Glad you're up and running, and yay for Carlos & Rob making it happen!

A deeply buried virus -- I'm curious if y'all utilize a virus scan and/or spy sweeper program on that computer, and if the virus got past it/them?

Anonymous said...

We were using AVG, which Carlos felt is better than Norton or McAfee, but not as good as Eset. He, nor I, have any solid idea how it got in there but I'm going to assume it was from a web page.

Glenda said...

Wow, that stinks that it got by your antivirus program.

My mom has no anti-virus or anti-spyware program on her computer. I shudder to think what all is on her computer that shouldn't be.