Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Allrightythen

I know.

Over a month.

I KNOW!

There was some crummy sinus stuff, followed by increasingly more crummy sinus stuff WITH a sore throat, chills, and a fever. It tried to suck the life out of me before I got myself to the doctor. She, actually a nurse practitioner, diagnosed a sinus infection and gave me some antibiotics. While I'm feeling much, much better, I'm still phlemgy and tired.

Last week at E3's gymnastics class I compared symptoms with another mom. Although our symptoms were identical - down to which side of our throat hurt more - her doctor diagnosed her with strep throat. We both had antibiotics, but she had to get a throat swab - I think I won at being sick.

Both E2 and E3 had some form of stuffiness before or while I was sick; this morning E1 complained that it hurt even to swallow water. So, it looks like she may be the next victim.

E1 is playing volleyball this year and tonight is to be her first game, if she's feeling up to it. I gave her some ibuprofen and she decided to give it a go at school.

It's much easier to take care of someone who's sick while managing my day than it is to BE sick and manage my day.

[Edited] HA! It hasn't been over a month! Not that 21 days is anything to brag about, mind you.

This unofficially post brought to you by generic antibiotics, yogurt, vitamin C, generic antihistamines, generic decongestant, a heating pad, Puffs Ultra tissues, and the SinuCleanse netipot. DUDE, the netipot! I bow before the netipot.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Sympathy all around. Glad it's not strep.

Very exciting that E1 will be playing volleyball =)

Ali said...

Delighted to see a post by you, and so glad you're feeling a better. I hear great things about the neti pot but I'm afraid of it.