Monday, April 30, 2007

Skull Cap

I took a shower this morning...but I forgot to wash my hair. I don't know how something like that could happen, and it's so bizarre to me. I didn't even stop to wonder, "Hmmm, did I wash my hair?" I just shut off the water and went about my morning as usual.

Now, my hair feels like it's clinging to my scalp. To the untrained eye, it appears clean and even styled, although I can see (and feel!) the difference. As a matter of fact, I could grab a brush right now and in a matter of seconds create a 'wet-look' style. Pork chop-pork chop, greasy-greasy.

I've spent all morning fighting the urge to wash my hair, and managed to hold-off doing so through the school drop-offs, unloading recycling, grocery shopping and putting away, sitting out in the back yard having a snack (mmmm, sun-baked greasy hair!), and lunch.

Now, however, it's naptime; grease relief here I come.

2 comments:

Glenda said...

This post cracked me up! Every once in a while I get thrown off my groove while showering and forget to shampoo my hair or shave my pits. Usually I remember before I turn off the water . . . usually.

Jenn said...

Hehe! There is nothing worse than dirty hair you manage to get wet in the shower but forget to actually apply soap to! I've done that once, and only once. By the end of the day I was ready to just shave the whole mess off and go G.I. Jane for awhile.