Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ten Thing Meme

Finally, I have a chance to tackle Lisa's meme tag. Crikey, where do I begin?

Ten Things You Don't Know About Me:

1. I have little patience for ignorance. Not that I think I'm intellectually superior or anything, but if you forward an email WARNING! or rumor without consulting Snopes first, I'm going to mentally mumble mean things in your general direction.

2. I am of an introverted personality; I dread (in various degrees) most social situations, including those I've set up myself and those involving only immediate family. However, once I'm in there I usually have fun.

3. I definitely know that I will never choose a career as a teacher. I've volunteered in Kindergarten, people - trust me.

4. My younger sister is fighting ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease). Okay, so maybe some of you know that, but I figured I'd throw it out there in light of the previous post. We used to go out to movies (on the down-low, because we didn't want to have to invite anyone else) before she had to start conserving her energy and shit. I miss it.

5. I once admonished one of E2's classmates for talking "baby talk" when I was volunteering, telling him I hear that from the 3-year old's at home and I wanted to hear big kid talk in Kg. Moments later, I realized that's the way he talks - he wasn't goofin'. What a hag I am! (see # 3).

6. I like my wine to be Riesling, and I enjoy a fruity rum drink as well.

7. I'm the second of four children (three girls, one boy). In our senior years of high school we were voted:

  • Elaine - Best Dressed
  • Amy - Biggest Psycho
  • Kurt - Best Smile
  • Me - Best Manners

Rob enjoys that one immensely.

8. Ski is my morning coffee.

9. I have an acute sense of smell. I once told Rob that his breath smelled like raw hamburger (see #7).

10. I'm currently addicted to the Kinsey Millhone Mysteries by Sue Grafton, and books by Jennifer Weiner, but I also love me some Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I remember Amy being Biggest Psycho... But it wasn't psycho in that scarey way. It was because all of a sudden she'd go "Aghhhhhh" at the top of her lungs and it was freaking HILARIOUS.

Yeah, I miss her company too. When we'd do a girls' nite out and she and Becky would be there, my stomach would be sore the next day from laughing so hard. They are both hysterically funny. But put them together and you've got the "Wonder Twins of humor."

I LOVED your list. Best manners. heeheee.

Glenda said...

Ditto #'s 1, 2, and 9.

ROFL about #5!!! You hag you ;-).

Bummer about Amy not being able to sneak off with you to the movies anymore . . . damn ALS.

Brandie said...

I agree with 1 & 2 =)
I'm sorry about your sister :-(
And good book choices! I have enjoyed all of them myself.