Saturday, December 31, 2011

Before The Year Ends

I've been putting this post off because I was unsure of what I should say, how I should say it...just how I should share the awful news that my sister, the Beloved Aunt Amy passed away in October.

It's been so very sad, and yet...ALS creates such a long slow decline that by the time she passed away she was already gone, in the physical sense, from most events...so this didn't feel like our first Christmas without her because it's been a few years since she'd been to Christmas. The biggest difference was that I wasn't emailing her photos from our family holiday get togethers, and school events...I couldn't resist posting some on her Facebook wall though.

Mostly, we're all just glad that she's done with ALS...but I didn't want the year to end without remembering her here.

1 comment:

Glenda said...

I think of her, and you all, often.

Some very dear people passed in the last couple months. It does make the holidays different.

Best to you and yours, my friend.