Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Food Blogger I Am Not

I had good intentions of posting this recipe with photos...or at least a photo of the finished product for Katie. All I managed was one photo of the sauce. So sad.

But!

It's really yummy! I found the recipe in a Contadina advertisement several years ago, which is why it includes so many Contadina items. However, my little grocery store does not carry all of those items, so I have to stray to other brands.

Penne Pasta Bake

Cook:
12 oz Penne Pasta according to package directions; drain.

Cook:
1lb ground beef or sausage
1C chopped onion
in large skillet over medium-high heat, 5 minutes; drain.

Stir in:
1 15oz can Contadina Italian Style Tomato Sauce
1 14 ½ oz can Contadina Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs (undrained)
1 6oz can Contadina Italian Paste with Roasted Garlic
½ C water

Cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.

Layer in 13X9 pan:

Half pasta
Half sauce
2C shredded mozzarella cheese

Repeat

Cover and bake in preheated 350degree oven, 20 minutes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok - you may not have taken a pic of the final product, but that was great pic of the sauce. The lighting is really neat. I can't wait to see more!!!