Friday, April 24, 2009

California Dreamin'


One of the medications my doctor prescribed for me can cause sun sensitivity. Which, if you know me, means I can't look out a window without sunscreen. I was all HA! HA HA HA! I'm in Claifornia!

Lucky for me, the day after we arrived in California the weather took note of my medication and decided to be overcast...and chilly.

There's something about this particular conference Rob attends that causes unlikely weather. The same thing happened the year it was in Florida - like this year, I packed capri's, shorts, short-sleeved shirts...and spent the whole time snugged into my sweater. Yesterday I had to buy Rob a sweatshirt at Rite-Aid, after being unsuccessful at finding a souvenir sweatshirt of ANY kind.

Long Beach, at least the area where we are, has no beach. There's a harbor. I'm going start a campaign that they change the name to Long Harbor so as not to deceive more travelers with the idea that they may actually see a beach while they're here. It could happen, right?

No comments: