Friday, May 11, 2007

You Will Remember Nothing After We Erase Your Memory!

FLASHBACK FRIDAY: Thursday, June 15, 2005, from long-gone archives

We were given four tickets to Tuesday nights minor league baseball game, so we took E1 and E2. We also had a gift certificate to the gift shop from a golf tournament Rob was in last year, so I took the girls in to spend it. They both chose inexpensive items, so I asked if they wanted to use the remaining money to get a golf ball for Dad for Father's Day. They had a better idea - three golf balls; one from each girl! Well, that bumped us over the amount of the gift certificate, but how could I refuse?

Yesterday, I put the golf balls on the girls' bed and said we'd wrap them later. As we sat down to dinner that evening, Rob said, "I have to make an announcement."

E1: Shhhh!

Rob: When I was in E1 and E2's...

E1: SHHHHHH!!

Rob: ...room, I saw something I shouldn't have.

E1, desperately: SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Me: Oh! I forgot all about that.

E1: No! Don't!

Me: Sweetie, it's my fault. I left them there and forgot about them once we were playing outside. It's okay. Why don't you go get them and we'll give them to dad now?

E1: NO! (commences sobbing on her folded arms)

E2 went to get them, but couldn't find them (E1 had hidden them). E1 finally agreed we could still wrap them, although she was still sad that the surprse had been ruined.

When they were almost ready for bed, I was chilling out on the bed in their room and as I shifted I felt something under the covers. I pulled out the hidden golf balls and we discussed it again. E1 still wanted to wrap them for Father's Day instead of giving them to Rob before bedtime. Then I had an idea.

Rob was out of the room, so I suggested to the girls that we'd have to help dad forget that he'd seen the golf balls.

E's: How?

Me: We could rub erasers on his head.

E2: Will that work?

Me: No. Not really. But we can pretend it will! Get some pencils out of your drawer.

So, when Rob came in for good night kisses we made him stretch out on the bed. He was very wary and suspected the girls were up to something.

Me: Tonight, in this room, you saw something you shouldn't have. We're going to have to make you forget it.

Then we all started rubbing his forhead with erasers. Much giggling and laughing ensued.

Me: I'm representing E3 (I began whacking him with the pencil, as E3 would).

Rob: Is this about the golf balls?

Me: He needs more erasing!

He finally asked why we were rubbing his head with pencils and we declared the incident gone from his memory.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

OMG! That's hysterical!

Lisa said...

That is the cutest story Nancy. LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

You're always so creative.

Christine