Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Will The Jumbled Thoughts Ever End?

My brain is on permanent scatter mode - still - and it's keeping me from posting lest I reveal how schizo I am these days.

Last night, as I found an old black and white movie on tv, turned the volume low, and set the sleep timer, I wondered when I had changed from a person who had trouble sleeping with tv/radio noise to someone who prefers that noise when falling asleep. I decided that the act of setting the timer is much less abrupt than turning the tv off and the lights out. It gives me time to doze off before actually committing to sleep RIGHT NOW. What does that mean?

At any rate, I didn't get that chance to doze before I heard footsteps in the hall, the bathroom closet door open and close, and dresser drawers open and close - indicators of a night time accident. I ordered sleeping, confused children around while making dry sleep spaces available, and tossing bedsheets into the washer all the while thankful that I no longer start a load of towels before bedtime as a way of getting a 'head start' on the next day's laundry. If you ever have to deal with a night time accident, or worse, night time vomit, you learn to keep that washer free.

It's cold - gloves and a hat cold - when just yesterday it was in the high 70's as I mowed the lawn and wondered if I'd already sweated off the effects of my SPF 15 moisturizer.

The grade school that E1 & E2 attend is having hat day today. If they pay a dollar, they can wear a hat to school. The money raised is going to Rob's uncle's family, who recently had a house fire. It's such a nice gesture, and there have been so many of those since the fire that Uncle L's family has passed on some of the donated goods to charity.

I was not surprised to see Shandi leave Dancing with the Stars last night. What was with the judges Monday night though? I thought they were a bit harsh to the first four couples or so, but then they suddenly mellowed. The girls really enjoyed the Star Wars themed dance by Joey and Kym. How many more ways can they find to reiterate that the professional dancers are the ones responsible for the choreography? I was impressed when I learned that last season - as well as learning that their costumes are created new each week - but this season they seem to want to drive that point home. I get it. They can stop now.

We've managed to pawn all three girls off to sleepovers tonight, so Rob and I are going to attempt to get dinner and massages, or maybe a movie. Depends on the availability at the massage school. This time, I'll be sure not to drink any alcohol before dinner - or at least not reveal it to the massage therapist. Hmmm, I don't recall if I blogged about that at the time... the therapist was hesitant to proceed with the massage since I'd filled out the pre-massage form with the information that I'd had a rum drink before dinner...two and a half hours, two glasses of water, and one meal earlier. Rob had had a couple of beers, but his massage therapist didn't blink and eye at the information. My massage therapist had to go consult a 'higher up' and wound up shorting me about 20 minutes of my massage. I'm still a bit bitter. So, if I enjoy a beverage tonight it will be our little secret, right internets?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like you got an overly cautious masseuse. Heck, you'd think they'd want to massage people who had a couple of drinks...makes the muscles even more relaxed and ready for a kneading.