Sunday, December 17, 2006

How Do You Like Your Brownies?

Tonight is the Christmas play at church, and I think the girls will be glad it's over. They don't have lead roles, but were expected at every practice anyway. I understand the WHY, I'm not knocking that, but it was more involved than our family anticipated.

There's a cookie reception after the play (of course, because nothing can ever just END and be OVER these days) and I was asked to bake something. As I was putting Hershey's Kisses on top of the mini-muffin sized brownies this morning, I was mentally congratulating myself for making something peanut-free for E3. Now I wouldn't have to search out a treat for her, or track someone down to ask about ingredients. Just to be sure, I checked the box of brownie mix because I've been fooled before (curse you, Snyder's of Hanover pretzels, and animal crackers too!)...and it would turn out that I'd been fooled again. The mix contained chunks of chocolate, and so, it also carried the "may contain peanuts" label. BAH!

But, it also brought to mind the question: How do you prefer your brownies?

A. Cake-like
B. Fudgy
C. Did someone say 'brownies'?

4 comments:

Karen said...

I guess I like mine fudgey, but not underdone. They have to be cooked all the way through. I have a recipe that I love because it goes together in a snap. It uses cocoa and oil, so there's no melting butter or chocolate. And, they come out fudgey and yummy.

Anonymous said...

Cake-like . . . I don't like fudge!

And no nuts, please :-)

Lisa said...

C. Definitely C.

Anonymous said...

I like mine fudgy, but not too fudgy.

Christine