Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful

I was going to write a post listing the many things for which I'm thankful. Most of those things are given though - family, health, having enough.

Instead, I give you the easy and yummy dessert that I've made for tonight (think of us tonight, crammed in for dinner with 50 or so family members), and a song E2's Kg class performed at the Kg Thanksgiving Program yesterday.

I don't personally know Linda, but her Pumpkin Crunch rocks. This is a recipe my Aunt forwarded to me via email, I guess because she enjoyed it. There was no explanation with the recipe. Really though, it needs no introduction:

Linda’s Pumpkin Crunch

1 package (box) yellow cake mix
1 can (15oz) solid pack pumpkin
1can (12oz) evaporated milk
3 large eggs
1 ½ c sugar
1tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ c chopped pecans
1 c butter
whipped topping

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9 X 13 pan.

Combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in large bowl. Pour into 9 X 13 pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture. Top with pecans. Drizzle melted butter over pecans.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, or until golden brown.

Cool. Serve chilled. Top with whipped topping when served.


The Thanksgiving Program featured the Kg version of the First Thanksgiving. The conclusion of the program was a feast for the pilgrims and indians. They feasted on popcorn and blueberry muffins - who knew?

We Are Thankful For This Meal (to the tune of 'If You're Happy And You Know It')

We are thankful for this meal, for this meal
This is how we really feel, really feel
Good food keep us healthy and strong
Good friends help us sing our song
We are thankful for this meal, for this meal

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have this recipe and I lost it. I'm so THANKFUL to you for posting this!!

Nancy R said...

You're welcome!