Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Oh, Christmas Tree!

Last Saturday, Rob put the lights on the big evergreen tree in our front yard. This is the first time, I think, that he's ever done that voluntarily. Usually, he waits until I mention it so he can ask, "Do we have to do that again?"

However, the weather was nice Saturday (high 60's - unseasonably warm for us) and he decided to bite the bullet and do-up the Christmas tree, as it's known around here. He also admitted later that while he'd happily do without the decorations, he knows the girls enjoy it and that makes it worth his while.

The girls were thrilled to see the tree when we brought them home from the Grandparent's that night, and E1 asked when we'd be getting a tree for indoors. Rob argued that the outsided tree looks so nice we could just use it; and since he had to trim some lower branches off this summer there is pleanty of room below for presents. The E's weren't buying it. The older they get, the quicker they can smell his bull.

He had to use a long piece of metal - 12', I think he said - to get the string of lights to the tippy top.

Considering it looked like this at the end of July, I'd say it's on the mend!

2 comments:

Robo said...

E1 told me that getting a tree for inside the house was FUN! It's fun DARNIT! Couldn't I see that? So I began to recount all the "fun" things involved, like tying it to the top of the van, dragging it in the house, needles everywhere - she cut me off to say, with great emphasis on the last word, "Daaaad, it's fun for US!". I concurred.

Anonymous said...

That E1 is one smart girl ;-)

The lit-up front-yard tree looks gorgeous, Rob :-).