Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bookend

Get it? Books on the weekend? HA! I crack myself up.

A few books I've read recently:

Home by Julie Andrews . A look at her early years that is lovely; I learned a lot about Broadway musicals as well.

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo. Sometimes I think DiCamillo is like the Nathan Sparks for Junior Fiction. I had to quit reading Nathan Sparks' books because they're sad. Even so, this is a sweet story that seems to mirror life from adolescence to adulthood.

The Stupendous Dodgeball Fiasco by Janice Repka. An entertaining tale about bullying, if that's possible or even politically correct.

Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella . She of Confessions of a Shopaholic fame has another amusing tale to tell. For some reason I always imagine Rene Zellweger as her main characters - you know, because all London girls are Bridget Jones.

No comments: