Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Because It Feels Like A Monday

Some inspiration to get the week going: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w3ku2QArT0&feature=fvw (sorry, embedding is disabled on this one).

I seriously need to make some suggestions to my grocer -drums in the refrigerated section may distract my kids from how COLD they claim to be.

A storm front is approaching, and it's mostly overcast with teasing peeks of sunshine. I am completely unmotivated to clean out the arts and crafts drawer (s) ...visions of kids deciding that today is a fine day to make crafts and a chorus of "WE NEED THAT! DON'T THROW IT AWAY!" is helping me rationalize my desire to just sit and read my book.

E3 woke with a sharp bruise line along her cheek bone. It wasn't there yesterday, but I asked the other kids if they remembered her whacking herself just the same - the don't, which is completely believable as I am surprised she did something to achieve that bruise without crying...and we would have remembered the crying! My only conclusion is that she fell out of bed or did something in her sleep...sleepwalking? Still, I can't believe it didn't make her cry.

I'm trying to feel busy by copying all the recipes I've ear-marked in cooking magazines...is it odd to feel slightly embarrassed to read Apricot Glazed Chicken Thighs? Do you think the chicken is embarrassed?

No comments: