Monday, July 06, 2009

Desperately Seeking Artist

Our Captiva vacation home was filled with a lot of whimsical artwork, and on our last day there I walked around snapping photos of some of my favorites just to share with you, my lovelies.

This one, to my untrained eye, looks like oil on canvas and it's embellished with shells. It made me think of my crafty friend Glenda.






This hand-painted shelf was near the front door and would be a handy place to keep a small brush and any other thing you'd need for last-minute touch-ups before heading out into the world...or in this case, a good place for sunglasses, spf lip balm, and a spare tube of sunscreen.



These two oil paintings were on the wall in the kitchen right where the hallway started.

Is it just me, or does this painting groove? It has movement...groovy movement.






This hand-painted bulletin board was in the kitchen. It has sea shell-shaped push pins, and the wording around the blue area includes phrases like 'Carpe Diem!', and 'Make a list!'



Another hand-painted item...this time a metal clock, perfect for chomping up all of your vacation time.

Chomp Chomp!




And then there are these things.....


There were multiple pieces by this artist - all carved wood, painted in festive colors, giving a whimsical flair to every room. But for the life of me, I could not decipher the artist's signature.




Casey? Causey? Carsen? Buehler?









I've Googled every possibility I've thought it could be.











See? Whimsy.









E3 likes this one.






I suspect these were made by a local artist, but I'm not sure. I hope someone will recognize the work and clue me in - I'd love to know more about this style, and the artist.


1 comment:

Glenda said...

Great stuff!!

My favorite is the metal fish clock.

The painted canvas with shells is neat -- I love mixed media stuff like that.

That artist's signature is a bit different each time, but it's never quite legible! You could post the pics on your flickr account and make them viewable by the public, to see if anyone can identify the artist.