Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Gone, Daddy Gone

Dancing With The Stars has some fierce competition on the dance floor this time around! So many of the Stars could be contenders once they get their dancing legs under them. E1 is rooting for a Cheryl Burke hat trick, and E2 is rooting for Elena (don't know her last name), which amuses me; they're both rooting for the professionals and NOT the stars.

I like the changes ABC has made to Dancing this season; letting the competitors complete two dances before the elimination gives the Stars a chance to overcome any first night jitters. I personally thought Billy Ray Cyrus needed to GO after the first week - his performance was barely a smidge up from the awful first performance given by Tucker Carlson last year. However, Billy Ray redeemed himself this week and I can see how there might be some potential...if he manages to keep his hair out of his face for the rest of the dances.

I was sad to see Paulina go tonight. She had just as much of a chance as many of the others, and she already had the posture and extension stuff down pat. So poised! Paulina holds a special place in my heart because she was well admired by my college roommate. I had no idea who she was until I met Laura, and now whenever I see Paulina I flash back to Estee Lauder ads posted on the dorm room walls. Last week, when Dancing kicked off this season, I pointed her out to Rob with the intention of explaining Laura's admiration...but he cut me off with:

"Yeah, she was a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model."

Admiration from all sides.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think most red-blooded males recognized Paulina as the SI model. I think it gave them all hope -- being that she married that scrawny, homely dude.

Anonymous said...

I only know her from a movie she was in, but I can't remember the name of. It's a cute movie!

Christine

Glenda said...

I think Paulina is gorgeous, and she always came across in her modeling days as being one smart cookie.

The movie is "Her Alibi", I think. Tom Selleck was the male lead. I think critics panned the movie, but I liked it (then again, I love love love Tom Selleck LOL).

Billy Ray's hair bugs me, even on "Hannah Montana". I don't like when dudes (or dudettes, for that matter) have 2 or 3 inches of dark roots showing (ahem, we won't talk about the 2" of dark roots I have showing right now LOL), and I don't like how his hair hangs alongside his face. I don't watch Dancing with the Stars, so I don't know how it looks on there, but I would imagine it would be all in his face. He does like having longer hair, doesn't he!