Thursday, March 15, 2007

Another Flash-In-The-Pan Post

I know.

E3 has a gross cough. If we could only convince her to work "AFLAC!" into the last hacking-gag thing she does we'd be in the money. After a weekend of high fevers, I took her to the dr on Monday. "Close to pneumonia" was declared and we came home with three meds - none of which she wants to take. She's being a trooper, however. Tuesday afternoon she woke from her nap with a fever, and by 8pm it was at 104F. I was having trouble not going into freak-out mode when the ibuprofen barely budged those numbers; thankfully, a bath helped somewhat. She awakened yesterday fever-free and extra-sassy, so I'd say she's on the mend.

Just in time for Princesses On Ice last night. WHEE! People, I paid $4.50 per bottle of water, which is just all kinds of crazy. The E's loved it, and it was a fun girls' night out with my mom, sister, her mother-in-law, and my niece J. I wonder how much longer E1 will want to attend those things. My Mom reported that E3's favorite part was the "little fat guys" (The Seven Dwarfs). I loved the Under the Sea number. I think E1 liked the lighted carriage of Cinderella's entrance. E2 loved it all, based on her loud! exclamations! E3 spent the performance on Mom's lap: "Grandma, you get to hold me on your lap." Sassy.

Today, I get to go find t-ball socks for E2. The smallest size they had at sign-up was an adult 6-7. E2 is our freakishly small child, if you recall, and I don't think she's going to want to wear hipster socks for her first ever t-ball experience. I hope the spirits of sporting goods are with me.

It's chilly-cold here this morning, after a few days of beautiful balmy weather. We left the windows open last night. I could have easily remained hunkered down amid my flannel sheets, but I had to roust the girls for school; poor frozen babies.

This weekend - trivia! Rob and I will attempt to stretch our brains in an effort to not be last in a trivia fundraiser. There will be snacks, so a good time will be had.

Monday - DANCING WITH THE STARS! We didn't see the first season - I'm not sure we knew it existed until they spoke of it during the second season, actually; if the promo's aren't aired during baseball season or on Nick Jr I'm pretty much out of the loop. BUT! The girls and I enjoyed the second season immensely. The third season we actually VOTED! Monday is the beginning of another season - WOOT! I've only seen a handful of the 'stars' participating, but it should be interesting. Some day I need to post about the history of ballroom dancing Rob and I have.

Updates:
Schwinn streak - busted when we went to Destin. Rob's back on track, but I SO am not.

Skunk smell - another trip through the automatic car wash yesterday, but the smell still lingers. I've allowed the van back into the garage, because the smell no longer permeates the house, but I leave the garage door open during the day for ventilation purposes. Yesterday was quite humid which really amped up the smell.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Great to hear of what's all going on in your lives. Busy, busy.