Sunday, February 11, 2007

Island

I know, I know. I've been absent. I've got a post I've been trying to work on, telling all about the trip...but it's just not happening. I don't know what to do with it. Do I continue, adding links and photos, or just scrap it and mention this and that from the trip as I go? Bleh.


It's a relatively nice day today, weather-wise, and E2 and I spent some time outside (I told her she needed to frolick because she was getting more squirrely by the minute - and frolick she did) this afternoon before she hauled Rob off for a 4-wheeler ride at Grandpa Bob's.

I think part of my glumness (aside from being ready for winter to be OVER) is that I still have a cough lingering around. See, here's a perfect opportunity to share something from our trip: we were all sick. It wasn't bad, really, although I did finally call my dr to get some antibiotics - no easy feat with a four-hour time difference. Head colds, fevers, coughing up lung tissue...it just doesn't seem as bad when you're in paradise. Heh. Really though, it wasn't that bad. Inconvenient, yes, what with the continuous buying of cold meds, fever reducer, and tissues. Annoying, yes, with the constant need for tissues from my clan (no how many I stashed in my bag, it was never enough), and the coughing, coughing, coughing. It's a wonder the islanders didn't ship us off to Kalaupapa.

Anyway, I'm still coughing (most of us are) and it's a drag. And, I still miss Hawaii.


Waimea Canyon, Kauai

NaPali Coast, Kauai

Menehune Fish Pond, Kauai

My Sister-in-Law Janet, enjoying a Big Ass Draft at Tradewinds , Kauai

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Andrew and I are cracking up at the Big Ass Draft!

I say scrap the original post and post bits here and there when you feel like it =)

I'm dealing with the lingering post-cold cough too and last night (thanks to Rodney's suggestion) I finally dug out a year-old bottle of cough med with hydrocodone in it and had my first good night's sleep in a while. Guess it hasn't lost its effectiveness yet ;-).

Lisa said...

I want to go too. How beautiful.

That beer looks so good right now... On a Tuesday morning where a hyped up child didn't have school and where the hubby is in the middle of a biz trip....