Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Day Can't Be Over Yet - I Haven't Had A Mai'tai!

I'm trying to catch up on life while maintaing my relaxed vacation attitude. It's not working. Homework, dishes, cooking food - it's all cutting into my chill time.

I miss the palm trees. I miss the soft ocean air. I miss the rum.

Actually, I could fix the rum thing pretty easily if I really wanted. Would it be wrong to keep some rum punch in my fridge like a big ole jug of Kool-aid?

Seriously though, not having to prepare and clean-up most of our meals made for a VERY relaxing vacation for me. No, not as relaxing as being on vacation without three kids, but still pretty darn relaxing. I really despise being in charge of thinking about the meals, purchasing for the meals, preparaing for the meals, and cleaning up of the meals (although Rob usually does most of the dinner clean-up) all. day. long. So, I want it noted that when we win the lottery the first splurge we'll make will be a full-time cook.

I'm working on uploading photos, captioning, etc. I'm not a Flikr person, but I'll try to highlight some shots over the next few weeks. Like these from our first day at Po'ipu Beach, Kauai:
















I miss our beach house view:

1 comment:

Glenda said...

When we're on vacation, the whole meal thing drives me crazy. I get tired of worrying about what to eat, where to eat, what to cook, etc.

When my mom and I took a long weekend together out of town, we went to the store and stocked a lot of snack-type foods and just grazed all weekend long. Never even went into town to eat a hot meal. It was bliss LOL.

When you have some spare time, I'd love for you to email me info about where you all stayed. I'm determined that we *will* go to Hawaii one of these days before Andrew is grown and out on his own!