Wednesday, January 03, 2007

All Our Bags Are Packed, We're Ready To Go...




Lookie what we got for Christmas! Upright rollers for everyone, a welcome replacement to our old luggage. Remember the original wheeled suitcases? Like your typical suitcase, but with wheels and a leash-type strap on one end - guaranteed to tip over as soon as you tried to wheel it! We thank Santa from the bottom of our stockings. Any ideas for what we can do with the old set?

Grandma Carol and Grandpa Bob gave the girls their rolling cases, and I'm not kidding when I say that we're packed. We're pretty close to being ready for vacation; just some last minute add-ins like underwear and loading a carry-on bag for everyone. I still need to track down some peanut-free snackage for E3.

I've been editing my list of 'Things To Do' at our destination in Hawaii and adding website addresses where possible. If Rob's family thinks I'm crazy based on the anal-ness of the list (I arranged one island by location and then alphabetized. I KNOW.) they haven't mentioned it.

Rob will have his laptop in tow, but I'm not sure where we'll have to go to find wifi. I've had visions of the girls emailing their teachers every day or so (I'm a brown-noser like that), but just the other day it occurred to me that we might not have an internet connection at the first place, and I'm fairly certain we won't at the other. Note to self: google Starbucks in our location.

First, of course, we'll be celebrating E3's birthday this weekend. She'll be reaching the ripe old age of THREE. I want to pull up her birth story and post it here, but I'm not sure I ever completed it. She was a very colicky baby, so the birth story didn't even get started until almost her first birthday. Whether or not I finished it - I don't know, but I think I got pretty close. I know you'll all be on the edge of your seats until I post it, because you're good people.







5 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeay! I hope your trip is a blast!

You are on the ball.

Happy Birthday to "E3"!

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're anal for organizing the Things To Do list. I think it was a great idea. By the way, I know of an internet place in Waikiki. I don't know if they have wifi, but I intend to buy some minutes to surf the web. See you this weekend!!!

Karen said...

Oooooh, I'm envious about the luggage! I've looked at several sets and keep talking myself out of buying them because I have the perfectly good aforementioned tow along type that I hate to take anywhere!

Nancy R said...

Karen, I got a really good deal at Overstock.com one weekend when they had 15% off. It's not a brand name, but it got high marks in all the reviews and really, we don't travel enough to need anything high-end. We got a 4pc set, and a wheeled garment bag for under $200 shipped!

Glenda said...

Woohoo on the new luggage -- it's so worth it!!

Birthday greeting to E3 :-)

And have a BLAST on your trip. Take many, many pictures (and then share 'em online!).